SocialPrivacy DNS is a program promoted as a security application that protects your DNS from hijacking. However, it is packed with adware and classified as PUP (potentially unwanted program) responsible for ads, deals, coupons, and pop-ups displayed in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This happens if SocialPrivacy adware infected your computer when you installed it yourself, or got it installed with a free program that you download. SocialPrivacy is not malicious, and your antivirus didn’t warn you on this potential threat. Now, you want to remove SocialPrivacy and it is a good idea because any adware program is a potential threat to your security and privacy.
SocialPrivacy DNS installation is often deceptive. If you wonder how SocialPrivacy DNS was installed on your computer, then you just failed to disable optional SocialPrivacy DNS installation offered by the download client that comes with a free program from the Internet. Various websites use bundling to monetize free program distribution. SocialPrivacy DNS is one of adware programs that is used for this purpose, and it is set to be automatically installed unless you notice it and disable SocialPrivacy DNS before installing a free program.
SocialPrivacy DNS is installed as a Windows application and as multiple web browser components installed as SocialPrivacy DNS BHO (browser helper objects), extension or add-on in Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox. If you want to remove SocialPrivacy DNS and get rid of advertising in your web browser, then you need to uninstall SocialPrivacy DNS application and remove extensions related to SocialPrivacy DNS from your web browsers. It is not very difficult, and you can easily do this by following SocialPrivacy DNS removal guide placed below.
If you want to remove SocialPrivacy DNS ads, other malicious programs, and protect your computer against future infections, then use SpyHunter. This security software is one of the best and offers reliable real-time protection. It helps to keep your web browser clean and safe. SpyHunter provides very useful scan results that you can use for manual SocialPrivacy DNS removal if you prefer to manually remove SocialPrivacy DNS components and other malicious files and settings that are found.
What is SocialPrivacy DNS?
SocialPrivacy DNS is an adware developed for displaying ads in your web browsers and promoted as a program for safety. While it is not malicious, SocialPrivacy DNS is often deceptively installed with other free programs, and this might be not only annoying. Adware often compromises your privacy by tracking your browsing history and wastes your web traffic and system resources if you do not really need SocialPrivacy DNS. Since this adware consists of multiple components installed as a program and web browser extensions, it is more difficult to remove SocialPrivacy DNS than other Windows programs. The guide below explains how to remove each of SocialPrivacy DNS components related to browsers Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. If you want to remove SocialPrivacy DNS, just follow this guide, and you will get rid of SocialPrivacy DNS ads pretty soon. Certainly, there might be more adware programs responsible for displaying ads in your web browser, and you might need a special program that finds and helps to remove SocialPrivacy DNS and like adware programs.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
SpyHunter can protect your computer against various malware infections that are wide-spread today. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
SocialPrivacy DNS Adware Removal ToolSocialPrivacy DNS Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove SocialPrivacy DNS and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to SocialPrivacy DNS malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete SocialPrivacy DNS components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against SocialPrivacy DNS and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove SocialPrivacy DNS Ads Manually
You need to uninstall SocialPrivacy DNS application using “Add/Remove programs” utility. Then, you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to SocialPrivacy DNS adware.
Use the following guide for manual removal, or scan your computer with anti-malware for removing other malicious programs from your infected computer.
Uninstall SocialPrivacy DNS on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "SocialPrivacy DNS and Perk Prize Panel if found" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall SocialPrivacy DNS on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight SocialPrivacy DNS and Perk Prize Panel if found program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall SocialPrivacy DNS on Windows XP
Uninstalling SocialPrivacy DNS from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on SocialPrivacy DNS and Perk Prize Panel if found program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove SocialPrivacy DNS from Chrome
Remove SocialPrivacy DNS extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find SocialPrivacy DNS and Perk Prize Panel if found extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove SocialPrivacy DNS from Firefox
Remove SocialPrivacy DNS add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find SocialPrivacy DNS and Perk Prize Panel if found add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove SocialPrivacy DNS from Internet Explorer
Remove SocialPrivacy DNS extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on SocialPrivacy DNS and Perk Prize Panel if found, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Now SocialPrivacy DNS ads should be gone, but other adware and malware infections can still compromise your security. You can detect such threats with a free scanner offered with SpyHunter. Then you can use comprehensive scan results for manual SocialPrivacy DNS removal or opt for an automated removal process, protection, and professional support.
Remove SocialPrivacy DNS Adware Infection Completely
SocialPrivacy DNS adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs and it might be also used by cyber criminals for spying on you and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal internet scams. After you remove SocialPrivacy DNS you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and rescan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter. This anti-malware software comes with a free scanner, and you can use scan results as a reference for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated one.