SpeedApp is an adware program offered as a tool for checking internet spood. It is installed as a program and as browser extension designed to hijack your web browser for displaying ads and deals. Promoted saving coupons displayed by SpeedApp barely would hurt your compute. However, your web traffic is wasted and system performance suffer from activities related to displaying advertising and spying on your web browsing history. Your privacy might also suffer. SpeedApp is often deceptively installed along with free programs that people download. Such practice is called bundling, and if you fail to disable option for SpeedApp installation, then it is installed as a Windows application and web browser extensions and BHO for Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
If you want to remove SpeedApp without resorting to manual procedures, remove other malicious programs, and protect your computer against malware and PUP (potentially unwanted programs) similar to SpeedApp, then use advanced software for SpeedApp removal. SpyHunter offers reliable malware detection rate, truly clean removal, and real-time protection against thousands of malicious programs.
What is SpeedApp?
SpeedApp is a program that offers some useful functions in exchange for annoying ads displayed by bundled adware. It is often deceptively installed on your computer by download clients that wrap a program that you may download from various web sites involved in SpeedApp adware distribution. Such distribution is profitable, and free program developers get some profit from promoters that use SpeedApp for advertising. That is why its installation is tricky for computer users when some unwanted program sneaks in without any warning. Removing SpeedApp is a problem for computer users without experience in adware removal. However, even if you never did it before, you can still easily remove SpeedApp by following this removal guide.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing programs like SpeedApp, then you need to be careful while installing free programs. You can protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace your installations, warn you on all known threats to your security and privacy, and remove any threat found on your computer. Pay attention to check boxes placed in a setup wizard for a free program that you are installing. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
SpeedApp Adware Removal ToolSpeedApp Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove SpeedApp and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to SpeedApp malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete SpeedApp components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against SpeedApp and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove SpeedApp from Windows
First, you need to uninstall SpeedApp application using “Add/Remove programs” utility. Then you need to remove web browser extensions that belong to SpeedApp adware installed in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
Use the following guide for manual removal, or scan your computer with anti-malware for removing other malicious programs from your infected computer.
Uninstall SpeedApp on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "SpeedApp" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall SpeedApp on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight SpeedApp program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall SpeedApp on Windows XP
Uninstalling SpeedApp from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on SpeedApp program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove SpeedApp from Chrome
Remove SpeedApp extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find SpeedApp extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove SpeedApp from Firefox
Remove SpeedApp add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find SpeedApp add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove SpeedApp from Internet Explorer
Remove SpeedApp extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on SpeedApp, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual removal for SpeedApp is relatively easy task. However, other bundled malware and adware programs might be present on your computer. SpeedApp Removal Tool makes it easy for you to detect and remove other malicious programs quickly and efficiently.
Remove SpeedApp Adware Infection Completely
SpeedApp adware might come bundled with other adware programs. Some of ads might also be used by cyber criminals for installing malware and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal activities. After you remove SpeedApp you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and rescan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter. This anti-malware software comes with a free scanner, and you can use scan results as a reference for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated one.