SpeedChecker is a deceptive adware that is distributes as a tool for measuring speed of web traffic. This program is often installed without user’s consent along with free programs from websites that employ bundling practices for monetizing. SpeedChecker is not malicious, however adware is not safe either because tracking of your web browsing history might cause some privacy problems if your profile is shared among promoters. Besides that, SpeedChecker can waste your web traffic for activities that you don’t really need.
If you want to get rid of SpeedChecker and remove ads displayed in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, then you need to remove SpeedChecker and other bundled adware extensions, add-ons, and browser helper objects installed in these web browsers. You also need to remove similarly named Windows application just as you would remove any other Windows program. You can remove SpeedChecker components manually by following this guide. However, other adware that might be present in a bundle or installed somehow else can bring you a hard time since you need to see what to kill first. SpyHunter offers a free scanner that shows you all you need, and it can automatically remove SpeedChecker and other malware form your infected computer.
This removal guide will help you to remove SpeedChecker manually or with a help of special software that removes SpeedChecker and other malicious programs. SpyHunter offers quality detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against malicious programs.
What is SpeedChecker?
SpeedChecker is an adware developed for making money out of users’ clicks while it is promoted as a web speed checker. It is not malicious, but adware tracks your web browsing history and might cause some problems related to your privacy and security of your computer system. Adware wastes your web traffic for running its activities. SpeedChecker is often deceptively installed with free programs if you miss signs of adware present in download client or a setup wizard for a program that you download. SpeedChecker is installed as a Windows program that manages adware and web browser extensions installed into Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This makes removing SpeedChecker more slightly more complicated than removing other windows programs, but if it is bundled with other adware programs, then you can have a hard time. It is better to be careful while installing free programs since inspecting setup wizards for bundled programs takes less of your time than SpeedChecker removal.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing programs like SpeedChecker, then you need to be careful while installing free programs. You can protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace your installations, warn you on all known threats to your security and privacy, and remove any threat found on your computer. Pay attention to check boxes placed in a setup wizard for a free program that you are installing. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
SpeedChecker Adware Removal ToolSpeedChecker Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove SpeedChecker and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to SpeedChecker malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete SpeedChecker components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against SpeedChecker and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove SpeedChecker from Windows
For manual removal you need to uninstall all SpeedChecker components. Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-spyware program to make sure that other hidden malicious programs are also removed.
Uninstall SpeedChecker on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "SpeedCheck" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall SpeedChecker on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight SpeedCheck program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall SpeedChecker on Windows XP
Uninstalling SpeedChecker from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on SpeedCheck program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove SpeedChecker from Chrome
Remove SpeedChecker extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find SpeedCheck extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove SpeedChecker from Firefox
Remove SpeedChecker add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find SpeedCheck add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove SpeedChecker from Internet Explorer
Remove SpeedChecker extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on SpeedCheck, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: I hope you done by now, and SpeedChecker are gone. However, other malware and adware programs might be present on your computer. If you still see ads displayed by other malicious program, then try to use SpeedChecker Removal Tool that can remove all malicious programs and protect your computer against future infections.
Remove SpeedChecker Adware Infection Completely
SpeedChecker adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs. As a result, your system might be also infected with malicious programs used by cyber criminals for stealing money and illegal activities. After you remove SpeedChecker adware you have to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus. Then it is a good idea to scan your system with anti-malware program like SpyHunter 4. This software offers a free scanner that helps with manual removal, and you can opt for automated removal, professional support, and anti-malware protection.