SpeedyApp is an adware distributed as one that helps to measure speed of your Internet. It displays ads and deals in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, and tracks your web browsing, thus compromising your privacy. SpeedyApp owners and distributors get some income that comes out of installed instances of SpeedyApp adware and your clicks on ads. SpeedyApp is often deceptively installed with free programs that you may download from the web. Such practice is called bundling, and SpeedyApp is just a one of adware programs that are installed this way.
If you want to remove SpeedyApp adware and get rid of these ads, then you need to some work. First, you need to remove SpeedyApp application installed as a Windows program. Then you need to remove SpeedyApp extension from your Chrome, SpeedyApp add-on from your Firefox, and SpeedyApp BHO (browser helper object from your Internet Explorer. The last thing is cleaning you browser cache, removing temporary internet files, and restarting your web browsers. Just follow the guide below for SpeedyApp adware removal, or use the offered removal tool that helps to remove SpeedyApp and other malicious programs automatically.
This removal guide will help you to remove SpeedyApp manually or using a software. If you want to remove SpeedyApp and protect your computer against future infections and deceptively installed programs, then use SpyHunter that comes with real-time protection and a lot of other features related to malware removal.
What is SpeedyApp?
SpeedyApp is a program that offers tracking the speed of your internet connection. It is similar to other adware programs that claims the same feature just for using peoples’ curiosity for installing adware. Adware means ads displayed in your web browsers that. Such adware is often distributed and deceptively installed with free programs that you download. If you fail to notice and disable SpeedyApp before installing a free program, than SpeedyApp components are automatically installed, and you will see ads and various deals in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer when you visit various websites related to online shopping. While it is not malicious, SpeedyApp as any other adware just wastes your web traffic and compromises your privacy by tracking your browsing history. If your profile is shared among promoters, then you will get more ads and junk mail. So, it’s your choice, and if you want to remove SpeedyApp, then this guide is for you. It is easy to remove SpeedyApp components, and you can get rid of all ads displayed in your web browser unless you have other malicious programs installed.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
SpeedyApp Adware Removal ToolSpeedyApp Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove SpeedyApp and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to SpeedyApp malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete SpeedyApp components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against SpeedyApp and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove SpeedyApp from Windows
You need to uninstall all the SpeedyApp components manually. First, you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to SpeedyApp.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with antispyware program to make sure that other hidden malicious programs are also removed.
Uninstall SpeedyApp on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "SpeedyApp" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall SpeedyApp on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight SpeedyApp program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall SpeedyApp on Windows XP
Uninstalling SpeedyApp from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on SpeedyApp program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove SpeedyApp from Chrome
Remove SpeedyApp extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find SpeedyApp extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove SpeedyApp from Firefox
Remove SpeedyApp add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find SpeedyApp add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove SpeedyApp from Internet Explorer
Remove SpeedyApp extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on SpeedyApp, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual removal for SpeedyApp is relatively easy task. However, other bundled malware and adware programs might be present on your computer. SpeedyApp Removal Tool makes it easy for you to detect and remove other malicious programs quickly and efficiently.
Remove SpeedyApp Adware Infection Completely
SpeedyApp adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs and it might be also used by cyber criminals for spying on you and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal internet scams. After you remove SpeedyApp you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and rescan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter. This anti-malware software comes with a free scanner, and you can use scan results as a reference for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated one.