SpeedyStreamer is an adware program that offers to speed up video download. It displays ads and deals in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. SpeedyStreamer owners get paid for your clicks on promoted ads, and SpeedyStreamer distributors get some income for installed instances of SpeedyStreamer adware. You shouldn’t wonder how SpeedyStreamer ads started to appear in your web browser. SpeedyStreamer is often deceptively installed with free programs that you may download from the web. Such practice is called bundling, and SpeedyStreamer is just a one of adware programs that are installed this way.
If you want to remove SpeedyStreamer adware and get rid of these ads, then you need to some work. First, you need to remove SpeedyStreamer application installed as a Windows program. Then you need to remove SpeedyStreamer extension from your Chrome, SpeedyStreamer add-on from your Firefox, and SpeedyStreamer BHO (browser helper object from your Internet Explorer. The last thing is cleaning you browser cache, removing temporary internet files, and restarting your web browsers. Just follow the guide below for SpeedyStreamer adware removal, or use the offered removal tool that helps to remove SpeedyStreamer and other malicious programs automatically.
This removal guide will help you to remove SpeedyStreamer manually or with a help of special security software that removes SpeedyStreamer and other malicious programs. SpyHunter offers quality detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against malicious programs.
What is SpeedyStreamer?
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing adware like SpeedyStreamer, then remember that this kind of programs is set for automatic installation and the information about adware bundled to your download is definitely not the first thing they want you to see. Pay attention to marked check boxes in setup wizards for free programs and set on “custom” installation option instead of “typical” because the last might hide bundled adware. Be careful while installing free programs, and it will save your time. Use SpyHunter as a SpeedyStreamer removal tool instead. This anti-malware product is very reliable and offers a premium real-time anti-malware protection against dangerous or malicious software that otherwise might infect your computer.
SpeedyStreamer Adware Removal ToolSpeedyStreamer Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove SpeedyStreamer and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to SpeedyStreamer malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete SpeedyStreamer components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against SpeedyStreamer and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove SpeedyStreamer from Windows
You need to uninstall all the SpeedyStreamer components manually. First you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to SpeedyStreamer.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-malware and anti-virus software to make sure that other threats are found and removed.
Uninstall SpeedyStreamer on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "SpeedyStreamer" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall SpeedyStreamer on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight SpeedyStreamer program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall SpeedyStreamer on Windows XP
Uninstalling SpeedyStreamer from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on SpeedyStreamer program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove SpeedyStreamer from Chrome
Remove SpeedyStreamer extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find SpeedyStreamer extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove SpeedyStreamer from Firefox
Remove SpeedyStreamer add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find SpeedyStreamer add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove SpeedyStreamer from Internet Explorer
Remove SpeedyStreamer extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on SpeedyStreamer, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using SpyHunter for malware removal and anti-malware protection instead of the manual removal. Scan your system for free and see how many malicious programs are present on your computer.
Remove SpeedyStreamer Adware Infection Completely
SpeedyStreamer adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs and it might be also used by cyber criminals for spying on you and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal internet scams. After you remove SpeedyStreamer you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and rescan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter. This anti-malware software comes with a free scanner, and you can use scan results as a reference for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated one.