SurfSafely is an adware program bundled with freeware distributed from some websites. If you installed a free program recently and failed to disable SurfSafely installation, then ads might appear in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. You can notice this optional adware programs by marked check boxes present in a screen of a download client or a setup wizard. Buttons and links that imply your agreement to something might list adware programs, and some users just are not attentive while installing free programs from the web.
If you want to get rid of or SurfSafely ads and remove this adware, then you can easily do that by following this guide. For this, you need to remove SurfSafely components installed as Windows application, BHO (browser helper object) and other web browser extensions related to SurfSafely adware. Certainly, it is possible there is more malicious programs on your computer and adware programs similar to SurfSafely. In this case, it is better to use special removal tools for uninstalling all dangerous programs and removing other computer infections.
SpyHunter offers reliable malware detection rate and clean removal. It even finds and removes residual damages left by malware removed by your anti-virus. Moreover, it offers a real-time protection against future infections and deceptively installed legitimate adware programs similar to SurfSafely.
What is SurfSafely?
SurfSafely is an adware developed for making money out of users’ clicks on ads, coupons, and other deals. While it is not malicious, SurfSafely is often deceptively installed with other free programs, and this might be not only annoying. Adware often compromises your privacy by tracking your browsing history and wastes your web traffic and system resources if you do not really need SurfSafely. Since this adware consists of multiple components installed as a program and web browser extensions, it is more difficult to remove SurfSafely than other Windows programs. The guide below explains how to remove each of SurfSafely components related to browsers Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. If you want to remove SurfSafely, just follow this guide, and you will get rid of SurfSafely ads pretty soon. Certainly, there might be more adware programs responsible for displaying ads in your web browser, and you might need a special program that finds and helps to remove SurfSafely and like adware programs.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing programs like SurfSafely, then you need to be careful while installing free programs. You can protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace your installations, warn you on all known threats to your security and privacy, and remove any threat found on your computer. Pay attention to check boxes placed in a setup wizard for a free program that you are installing. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
SurfSafely Adware Removal ToolSurfSafely Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove SurfSafely and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to SurfSafely malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete SurfSafely components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against SurfSafely and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove SurfSafely from Windows
You need to uninstall all the SurfSafely components manually. First you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to SurfSafely.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-malware and anti-virus software to make sure that other threats are found and removed.
Uninstall SurfSafely on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "SurfSafely" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall SurfSafely on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight SurfSafely program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall SurfSafely on Windows XP
Uninstalling SurfSafely from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on SurfSafely program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove SurfSafely from Chrome
Remove SurfSafely extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find SurfSafely extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove SurfSafely from Firefox
Remove SurfSafely add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find SurfSafely add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove SurfSafely from Internet Explorer
Remove SurfSafely extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on SurfSafely, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using SpyHunter for malware removal and anti-malware protection instead of the manual removal. Scan your system for free and see how many malicious programs are present on your computer.
Remove SurfSafely Adware Infection Completely
SurfSafely adware might be spread in a bundle with other like and even some malicious programs. They might be used by cyber criminals for spying on you and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal activities on the Internet. After you remove SurfSafely, run full antivirus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and use SpyHunter for anti-malware protection.