TakeShop is a wide-spread adware program responsible for ads displayed in Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. It is not installed by a virus as you might think. TakeShop suddenly appear in your web browser after you fail to remove check mark that was set for your agreement to install some unwanted program along with a freeware that you need. The way of installing TakeShop is deceptive since computer users do not expect bundled junkware programs coming along with needed ones. TakeShop adware is often distributed with popular programs, and it is preset for automatic installation. TakeShop consists of various program components such as one installed as Windows application and multiple BHO (browser helper objects), web browser extensions or add-ons that work together for running adware activities.
If you want to remove TakeShop, then you need to uninstall TakeShop application and remove extensions related to TakeShop from your web browsers. It is not very difficult, and you can easily do this by following TakeShop removal guide placed below.
This removal guide will help you to remove TakeShop manually or with a help of special security software that removes TakeShop and other malicious programs. SpyHunter offers quality detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against malicious programs.
What is TakeShop?
TakeShop is a typical adware program designed for displaying ads in web browsers and help distributors to make money out of your clicks. You get wasted web traffic and compromised privacy in exchange. Advertising is not malicious, but TakeShop is often deceptively installed with free programs and considered to be a PUP (potentially unwanted program). If you want to protect yourself against PUP, then you either need to be very attentive to contents of download clients and setup wizards that come with free stuff that you download. Another way is using real-time protection offered by Spy Hunter against insecure PUPs like TakeShop and other malicious programs.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing adware like TakeShop, then remember that this kind of programs is set for automatic installation and the information about adware bundled to your download is definitely not the first thing they want you to see. Pay attention to marked check boxes in setup wizards for free programs and set on “custom” installation option instead of “typical” because the last might hide bundled adware. Be careful while installing free programs. Use SpyHunter 4 for a real-time anti-malware protection, reliable malware detection, and clean and safe removal of various threats from your computer.
TakeShop Adware Removal ToolTakeShop Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove TakeShop and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to TakeShop malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete TakeShop components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against TakeShop and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove TakeShop from Windows
You need to uninstall all the TakeShop components manually. First you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to TakeShop.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-malware and anti-virus software to make sure that other threats are found and removed.
Uninstall TakeShop on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "TakeShop" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall TakeShop on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight TakeShop program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall TakeShop on Windows XP
Uninstalling TakeShop from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on TakeShop program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove TakeShop from Chrome
Remove TakeShop extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find TakeShop extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove TakeShop from Firefox
Remove TakeShop add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find TakeShop add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove TakeShop from Internet Explorer
Remove TakeShop extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on TakeShop, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual removal of TakeShop is not difficult by itself. However, if you get a bunch of bundled adware programs or computer infections, you also need to remove these threats to your security and privacy. Use free scanners that come with SpyHunter and TakeShop Removal Tool for help or let these programs to take care of the problem.
Remove TakeShop Adware Infection Completely
It is possible that your computer is infected with other adware programs. You can check suspicious program names with the list of adware removal tools names and see if it match. If they match, than the program belongs to adware and our removal tools can handle it for sure. Actually, they can remove hundreds thousands of viruses, but there is always a gray area where any anti-virus fails. This checking procedure is very helpful while real scanning for viruses is definitely better.