TheAdBlock is an adware program that hijacks web browsers Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome, blocks ones ads and displays some other. The adware consist of many components like TheAdBlock program and similarly named web browser extensions. Computer users often get frustrated with removing adware, but in fact, it is not that difficult to remove TheAdBlock components by following this guide or by using removal tools.
TheAdBlock is often automatically installed in a deceptive for user’s way along with other free programs. Unless you notice presence of this adware in setup wizard for a free program that you download, then it is automatically installed along with a free program and you get ads in your web browsers. If you try to remove TheAdBlock, you need to perform different procedures for removing all the adware component from your computer, or use some removal tool for making this job for you.
If you want to remove TheAdBlock, other malicious programs, and protect your computer against malware and PUP (potentially unwanted programs) similar to TheAdBlock, then use advanced software for TheAdBlock removal. SpyHunter offers reliable malware detection rate, truly clean removal, and real-time protection against thousands of malicious programs.
What is TheAdBlock?
TheAdBlock is adware developed for monetizing hot theme of blocking ads in web browsers. It helps to make money out of users’ clicks on ads displayed in web browsers. Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer are infected as the most used ones. Watching ads is not what people like, and adware activities waste web traffic and slow your computer system. It also traces web browsing history and might cause some privacy issues if this information is sold to third parties e.g. advertisers and potential email spammers. So, TheAdBlock is often deceptively installed with other free programs distributed over the web.
TheAdBlock consist of the program that manages all the process and web browser plugins and extensions installed into each of most commonly used web browsers. This makes removing TheAdBlock more complicated than removing other Windows programs. You need to be careful while installing free programs since it takes less time than removing TheAdBlock from your computer. This guide describes what you need for removing this adware and other like threats.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing adware like TheAdBlock, then remember that this kind of programs is set for automatic installation and the information about adware bundled to your download is definitely not the first thing they want you to see. Pay attention to marked check boxes in setup wizards for free programs and set on “custom” installation option instead of “typical” because the last might hide bundled adware. Be careful while installing free programs. Use SpyHunter 4 for a real-time anti-malware protection, reliable malware detection, and clean and safe removal of various threats from your computer.
TheAdBlock Adware Removal ToolTheAdBlock Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove TheAdBlock and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to TheAdBlock malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete TheAdBlock components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against TheAdBlock and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove TheAdBlock from Windows
You need to uninstall all the TheAdBlock components manually. First, you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to TheAdBlock.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with antispyware program to make sure that other hidden malicious programs are also removed.
Uninstall TheAdBlock on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "TheAdBlock" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall TheAdBlock on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight TheAdBlock program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall TheAdBlock on Windows XP
Uninstalling TheAdBlock from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on TheAdBlock program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove TheAdBlock from Chrome
Remove TheAdBlock extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find TheAdBlock extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove TheAdBlock from Firefox
Remove TheAdBlock add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find TheAdBlock add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove TheAdBlock from Internet Explorer
Remove TheAdBlock extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on TheAdBlock, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using SpyHunter for malware removal and anti-malware protection instead of the manual removal. Scan your system for free and see how many malicious programs are present on your computer.
Remove TheAdBlock Adware Infection Completely
TheAdBlock adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs. As a result, your system might be also infected with malicious programs used by cyber criminals for stealing money and illegal activities. After you remove TheAdBlock adware you have to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus. Then it is a good idea to scan your system with anti-malware program like SpyHunter 4. This software offers a free scanner that helps with manual removal, and you can opt for automated removal, professional support, and anti-malware protection.