TotalComicBooks Toolbar promotes various web sources related to comic book sales. It is developed by Mindspark and is powered by Ask Search that replaces your default search engine for Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. Usually, this happens after you install some freeware program from the web bundled with a bunch of adware.
If you want to remove TotalComicBooks Toolbar and restore your preferred search engine, then you need to uninstall TotalComicBooks Toolbar. program if you can find it in the list of installed programs. You also need to remove suspicious web browser extension or similar extension related to TotalComicBooks Toolbar. After you remove this components, you need to fix your web browser and replace totalcomicbooks.com, search.ask.com with your preferred homepage and search engine. If TotalComicBooks Toolbar browser hijacker is the only problem, and there is no other malicious programs, then our guide for manual TotalComicBooks Toolbar removal will help you. Otherwise, it is better to use special security software for automated process that will remove TotalComicBooks Toolbar and other malicious programs from your computer.
You can remove TotalComicBooks Toolbar either manually or with a help of special security software that removes TotalComicBooks Toolbar and other malicious programs. SpyHunter is not only a perfect malware removal tool. It offers a very reliable malware detection and can protect your computer against new infection in a real time. Its free scanner is also very helpful for manual removal.
What is TotalComicBooks Toolbar?
TotalComicBooks Toolbar is a potentially unwanted toolbar developed by Mindspark and promoted by Ask. It is used for promoting Ask Search and making money on selling comic books on line. Search engine from Ask is not the worst one, but it has many promoted web sources and limits your search as compared to Google or Bing. Your homepage might be set to totalcomocbooks.com or ask.com. TotalComicBooks Toolbar program makes some changes and installs some components that have to be removed for getting rid of this redirect. It is better to be careful while installing free programs today since the practice of monetizing free program development with bundled adware is common today. Removing TotalComicBooks Toolbar and redirect to totalcomicbooks.com, search.ask.com requires time consuming procedures that are sometimes confusing to computer users since all web browsers are different and procedures needed for removing adware vary depend on browser.
Protection against deceptively installed hijacker:
Your attention and careful look at download clients and setup wizards that list optional software bundled to the program you get are important. It might be a lot easier for you to prevent installing adware if you use anti-malware with real-time protection like SpyHunter. Pay attention to marked check boxes since TotalComicBooks Toolbar is set for an automatic installation along with a free program. Use “custom” installation option that lists installed components, instead of “typical” that hides them along with adware components being installed.
TotalComicBooks Toolbar Adware Removal ToolTotalComicBooks Toolbar Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove TotalComicBooks Toolbar and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to TotalComicBooks Toolbar malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete TotalComicBooks Toolbar components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against TotalComicBooks Toolbar and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove TotalComicBooks Toolbar from Windows
For manual removal you need to uninstall TotalComicBooks Toolbar related programs and other programs related to totalcomicbooks.com, search.ask.com if found in the list of installed programs. Then, you need to remove all related web browser extensions and reset your web browsers home page and new tab to different web address.
Use the following guide for removing TotalComicBooks Toolbar from your computer. Then scan your computer with antivirus program to make to remove all threats that infected your computer.
Uninstall TotalComicBooks Toolbar on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "TotalComicBooks Toolbar" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall TotalComicBooks Toolbar on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight TotalComicBooks Toolbar program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall TotalComicBooks Toolbar on Windows XP
Uninstalling TotalComicBooks Toolbar from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on TotalComicBooks Toolbar program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove TotalComicBooks Toolbar from Chrome
Remove TotalComicBooks Toolbar extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find TotalComicBooks Toolbar extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove search.ask.com serarch engine address redirect from Google Chrome
- Select Settings in the drop-down menu list as shown above.
- Find "Search" and click on Manage search engines button.
- Select search.ask.com search engine and click on "Remove" icon.
- Select your preferred search engine and click Make default option.
Remove totalcomicbooks.com homepage redirect on Google Chrome
- Find "On Startup" section and click on Set pages link.
- Select totalcomicbooks.com or other unwanted address and click Remove icon.
- Select or add your preferred homepage address and click on OK button or leave google.com as your default.
Remove TotalComicBooks Toolbar from Firefox
Remove TotalComicBooks Toolbar add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find TotalComicBooks Toolbar add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove search.ask.com serarch redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and enter "about:config" in address bar and press Enter.
- In a warning box press "I'll be careful, I promise" button.
- Find and double-click on "browser.search.defaultenginename" item in the list.
- Type preferred search engine name in the box and click OKbutton.
- Type preferred URL or "about:newtab" for a blank one and click OK button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
li>Find and double-click on browser.newtab.url item in the list.
Remove TotalComicBooks Toolbar from Internet Explorer
Remove TotalComicBooks Toolbar extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on TotalComicBooks Toolbar, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Replace search.ask.com with a preferred search engine for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Manage add-ons option as shown above.
- Click on Search Providers tab located on left side.
- Find and click on unwanted search provider name in the list of providers. Then click on Remove button.
- Find your preferred search provider and click on Set as default button.
Replace totalcomicbooks.com homepage with a preffered one for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Internet Options menu item.
- Open General tab, find Home page section, and replace totalcomicbooks.com with a preferred homepage address. Then click on Apply button.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using TotalComicBooks Toolbar Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and scan your system with bundled free anti-spyware program to get rid of other computer infections.
Remove TotalComicBooks Toolbar Search Redirect Completely
Removing adware and spyware installed along with TotalComicBooks Toolbar might be tricky since this programs are profitable and thus protected. You already learned what programs you need to remove, but it is difficult to find out how many more like programs are still left hiding somewhere on your computer. Use SpyHunter or anti-spyware that comes with removal tool for scanning your system since some threats are legitimate products like TotalComicBooks Toolbar, and conventional anti-virus programs do not remove legitimate stuff.