Uniblue DriverScanner checks currently installed drivers and offer updates if found. It is however often installed with third-party advertising software that installs various plugins in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. The installation might be bundled, and if you want to remove ads from your web browsers, then you might need to remove adware add-ons and Uniblue DriverScanner app altogether. Ads displayed by advare bundled with DriverScanner barely would hurt your compute. However, they will waste your web traffic and system resources for activities that can compromise your security and privacy such as spying on your browsing history and gathering other private information.
This removal guide will help you to remove DriverScanner manually or use special security software designed for removing DriverScanner and other malicious programs. SpyHunter offers not only removal but real-time protection against malicious programs and PUP (potentially unwanted programs). It offers a free scanner that is helpful for manual removal and let access the severity of the infection.
What is DriverScanner?
DriverScanner is ad-supported program for drivers updates offered by Uniblue. This program checks your current drivers and installs updates. Adware bundled with DriverScanner is used for monetizing throught clicks on ads displayed in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This adware is deceptively installed on your computer along with the program. The distribution of bundled adware is profitable, and program developers use bundling also for money paid by promoters that advertise various goods and services. That is why its installation might be tricky for computer users that often do not notice how unwanted programs sneak in without sign or warning. Removing DriverScanner is not a problem, but adware removal requires more operations for removing components installed in web browsers.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer against malware with a help of SpyHunter that can block common means used by malware for sneaking into your system and infecting your computer. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
DriverScanner Adware Removal ToolDriverScanner Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove DriverScanner and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to DriverScanner malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete DriverScanner components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against DriverScanner and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove DriverScanner from Windows
You need to uninstall all the DriverScanner components manually. First you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to DriverScanner.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-malware and anti-virus software to make sure that other threats are found and removed.
Uninstall DriverScanner on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "Uniblue DriverScanner" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall DriverScanner on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight Uniblue DriverScanner program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall DriverScanner on Windows XP
Uninstalling DriverScanner from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on Uniblue DriverScanner program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove DriverScanner from Chrome
Remove DriverScanner extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find Uniblue DriverScanner extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove DriverScanner from Firefox
Remove DriverScanner add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find Uniblue DriverScanner add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove DriverScanner from Internet Explorer
Remove DriverScanner extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on Uniblue DriverScanner, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
DriverScanner Infection Components:
Remove DriverScanner entries from system registry:
Delete DriverScanner files and folders:
Note: Manual removal of DriverScanner is an easy task, but removing other malicious programs might be more complicated. You also need to somehow detect them and remove these threats to your security and privacy. A free scanner offered with SpyHunter helps to get all needed information about infections present on your computer and components that you need to remove.
Remove DriverScanner Adware Infection Completely
DriverScanner adware might come bundled with other adware programs. Some of ads might also be used by cyber criminals for installing malware and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal activities. After you remove DriverScanner you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and rescan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter. This anti-malware software comes with a free scanner, and you can use scan results as a reference for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated one.