VideosFox helps to watch videos in various video formats in your web browser. However, it comes with ads also that might bother you if you do not need this program. Such adware is often bundled and distributed with other popular free programs. If you installed such program and do not block option for VideosFox installation, then ads appear in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
If you want to get rid of or VideosFox ads and remove this adware, then you can easily do that by following this guide. For this, you need to remove VideosFox components installed as Windows application, BHO (browser helper object) and other web browser extensions related to VideosFox adware. Certainly, it is possible there is more malicious programs on your computer and adware programs similar to VideosFox. In this case, it is better to use special removal tools for uninstalling all dangerous programs and removing other computer infections.
This removal guide will help you to remove VideosFox manually or with a help of special software that removes VideosFox and other malicious programs. SpyHunter offers quality detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against malicious programs.
What is VideosFox?
VideosFox is an ad-supported program offered for watching videos in web browser. This adware is installed on your computer as a Windows application and web browser extensions that help to track your browsing and display ads in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. There are many adware products deceptively installed along with other freeware, and VideosFox is one of these program. Some users however might willingly install it as a password management tool. Adware is often bundled with similar programs, and you can find other ads in your web browsers. Then, you need to remove VideosFox and other adware simultaneously to prevent other ad generators activities. If you want to prevent deceptive installation of adware programs, then be careful while installing freeware. Such program installation is often hidden and users are likely to click on “typical” installation option or “recommended” button or similar way of deception that helps to hide adware.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer against malware with a help of SpyHunter that can block common means used by malware for sneaking into your system and infecting your computer. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
VideosFox Adware Removal ToolVideosFox Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove VideosFox and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to VideosFox malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete VideosFox components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against VideosFox and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove VideosFox from Windows
You need to uninstall all the VideosFox components manually. First you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to VideosFox.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-malware and anti-virus software to make sure that other threats are found and removed.
Uninstall VideosFox on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "VideosFox" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall VideosFox on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight VideosFox program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall VideosFox on Windows XP
Uninstalling VideosFox from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on VideosFox program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove VideosFox from Chrome
Remove VideosFox extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find VideosFox extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove VideosFox from Firefox
Remove VideosFox add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find VideosFox add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove VideosFox from Internet Explorer
Remove VideosFox extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on VideosFox, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual VideosFox removal is not difficult. Complex malware infection is. Other malware and adware programs might be installed on your computer. You need to remove this infections manually, or use software for detection and removal. SpyHunter’s VideosFox Removal Tool let you detect and remove other malicious programs quickly and efficiently.
Remove VideosFox Adware Infection Completely
VideosFox adware might come bundled with other adware programs. Some of ads might also be used by cyber criminals for installing malware and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal activities. After you remove VideosFox you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and rescan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter. This anti-malware software comes with a free scanner, and you can use scan results as a reference for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated one.