WebBrowser is an adware program bundled and distributed with popular free programs. If you installed such program and failed to disable WebBrowser installation, then ads appear in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. The option is usually present as a marked check box in download client or setup wizard that comes with a free program that you download. If you want to get rid of or WebBrowser ads and remove this adware, then you can easily do that by following this guide. For this, you need to remove WebBrowser components installed as Windows application, BHO (browser helper object) and other web browser extensions related to WebBrowser adware. Certainly, it is possible there is more malicious programs on your computer and adware programs similar to WebBrowser. In this case, it is better to use special removal tools for uninstalling all dangerous programs and removing other computer infections.
If you want to remove WebBrowser and other malicious programs as well as protect your computer against future infections and deceptively installed programs, then use SpyHunter. It comes with real-time protection and have truly reliable malware detection rate. This program also provide very useful free scan results that might help you with WebBrowser manual removal.
What is WebBrowser?
WebBrowser is an adware developed by for displaying ads and making money out of users clicks. Adware tracks your web browsing history and causes privacy issues such as spam in your email box. It also wastes your web traffic. WebBrowser consists of the windows program that manages all the adware processes and web browser extensions installed into Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This makes removing WebBrowser more complicated than removing other windows programs. It is better to be careful while installing free programs since inspecting setup wizards for bundled programs takes less of your time than WebBrowser removal.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing adware like WebBrowser, then remember that this kind of programs is set for automatic installation and the information about adware bundled to your download is definitely not the first thing they want you to see. Pay attention to marked check boxes in setup wizards for free programs and set on “custom” installation option instead of “typical” because the last might hide bundled adware. Be careful while installing free programs. Use SpyHunter 4 for a real-time anti-malware protection, reliable malware detection, and clean and safe removal of various threats from your computer.
WebBrowser Adware Removal ToolWebBrowser Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove WebBrowser and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to WebBrowser malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete WebBrowser components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against WebBrowser and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove WebBrowser from Windows
First, you need to uninstall WebBrowser application using “Add/Remove programs” utility. Then you need to remove web browser extensions that belong to WebBrowser adware installed in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
Use the following guide for manual removal, or scan your computer with anti-malware for removing other malicious programs from your infected computer.
Uninstall WebBrowser on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "WebBrowser" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall WebBrowser on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight WebBrowser program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall WebBrowser on Windows XP
Uninstalling WebBrowser from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on WebBrowser program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove WebBrowser from Chrome
Remove WebBrowser extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find WebBrowser extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove WebBrowser from Firefox
Remove WebBrowser add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find WebBrowser add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove WebBrowser from Internet Explorer
Remove WebBrowser extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on WebBrowser, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual removal procedures for WebBrowser are easy. Though, if your value your time and suspect other computer infections, then it is better to use SpyHunter instead of the manual removal. This security software scans your computer system and helps to remove all malicious program that are found.
Remove WebBrowser Adware Infection Completely
WebBrowser adware is often spread in a bundle with other adware and malware. These programs are used by cyber criminals for spying on you and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal activities on the Internet. After you remove WebBrowser, run full antivirus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and use SpyHunter for anti-malware protection.