Websearch.helpmefindyour.info hijacks web browsers Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer in unexpected way and redirects your search to a rogue search engine used for link promotion and advertising. It is usually installed with free program downloads, and the hijacker incorporated with into freeware or a download client used for the installation changes preferred settings in your web search to Websearch.helpmefindyour.info. Other web address might be used for homepage. Users do not like such redirects, and using rogue search engines limits your search results by injecting promoted irrelevant links that would generate income paid to the distributor if clicked.
Websearch.helpmefindyour.info might consist of many different files placed in folder different folders, and this makes it difficult to remove if you follow advises that involve such complicated way of Websearch.helpmefindyour.info removal. In fact, you can do it by removing related windows application and Websearch.helpmefindyour.info extensions installed in web browsers. Then you need to fix browser settings and remove the redirect to Websearch.helpmefindyour.info. It might get more complicated if other adware or malware is present on your computer along with Websearch.helpmefindyour.info, especially one that interferes with user’s attempts to fix web browser settings.
For removing Websearch.helpmefindyour.info and other malicious programs from your computer use SpyHunter that offers reliable malware detection and clean removal. It finds even traces in your system left by malicious programs that were removed by your anti-virus software. SpyHunter offers real-time protection that helps to protect your computer against malware and unwanted redirects similar to Websearch.helpmefindyour.info in the future.
What is Websearch.helpmefindyour.info?
Websearch.helpmefindyour.info is a search page used for link promotion that helps owners and developers to collecting income on pay-per-click basis. This redirect is usually installed on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer as the most used web browsers. Websearch.helpmefindyour.info is promoted as a plugin that extends your web browsing with additional functionality. However, you will get more search results with irrelevant links and more ads in your web browser. Components that are related to Websearch.helpmefindyour.info infection might track your web-browsing history and threaten your privacy if information that you think is private will be shared with third parties.
Websearch.helpmefindyour.info might consist of a Windows program and web browser plugins and extensions installed in your web browsers. It also changes web browser settings for search engine, homepage, and possibly new tab. This search might be also set in your browsers as default by a download client without installing any physical components on your computer This makes removing Websearch.helpmefindyour.info more complicated than removing other Windows programs. Be careful while you install free programs from the web because it takes less time to prevent installing unwanted program than to remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from your computer. This guide will help you to remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info and similar threats if you can identify them.
Protection against deceptively installed hijacker:
Removing Websearch.helpmefindyour.info and the search redirect components requires some time and knowledge. It is better to take a careful look on a free program setup wizards and stop all suspicious programs from ;being installed along with a wanted one. It is a good idea to always pay attention to marked check boxes since they might be set for installing Websearch.helpmefindyour.info or any like program. Use “custom” installation option instead of going for “typical” if available because the last one might hide adware that will be installed along with a free program.
Websearch.helpmefindyour.info Adware Removal ToolWebsearch.helpmefindyour.info Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Websearch.helpmefindyour.info malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Websearch.helpmefindyour.info components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Websearch.helpmefindyour.info and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from Windows
For manual removal you need to uninstall Websearch.helpmefindyour.info related adware programs using “Add/Remove programs” system utility. Then you need to remove all suspicious web browser extensions and reset your web browsers home page and new tab to different address other than Websearch.helpmefindyour.info. Plugin removal is optional and depends on what other adware programs were installed along with free programs.
Use the following guide for removing Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from your computer. Then scan it with antivirus and anti-spyware programs for removing other threats that infected your computer.
Uninstall Websearch.helpmefindyour.info on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "any suspicious" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Websearch.helpmefindyour.info on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight any suspicious program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Websearch.helpmefindyour.info on Windows XP
Uninstalling Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on any suspicious program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from Chrome
Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find any suspicious extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info serarch engine address redirect from Google Chrome
- Select Settings in the drop-down menu list as shown above.
- Find "Search" and click on Manage search engines button.
- Select Websearch.helpmefindyour.info search engine and click on "Remove" icon.
- Select your preferred search engine and click Make default option.
Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info homepage redirect on Google Chrome
- Find "On Startup" section and click on Set pages link.
- Select Websearch.helpmefindyour.info or other unwanted address and click Remove icon.
- Select or add your preferred homepage address and click on OK button or leave google.com as your default.
Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from Firefox
Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find any suspicious add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info serarch redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and enter "about:config" in address bar and press Enter.
- In a warning box press "I'll be careful, I promise" button.
- Find and double-click on "browser.search.defaultenginename" item in the list.
- Type preferred search engine name in the box and click OKbutton.
- Type preferred URL or "about:newtab" for a blank one and click OK button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
li>Find and double-click on browser.newtab.url item in the list.
Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from Internet Explorer
Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on any suspicious, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Replace Websearch.helpmefindyour.info with a preferred search engine for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Manage add-ons option as shown above.
- Click on Search Providers tab located on left side.
- Find and click on unwanted search provider name in the list of providers. Then click on Remove button.
- Find your preferred search provider and click on Set as default button.
Replace Websearch.helpmefindyour.info homepage with a preffered one for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Internet Options menu item.
- Open General tab, find Home page section, and replace Websearch.helpmefindyour.info with a preferred homepage address. Then click on Apply button.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using Websearch.helpmefindyour.info Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and scan your system with bundled free anti-spyware program to get rid of other computer infections.
Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info Search Redirect Completely
Websearch.helpmefindyour.info with search redirect potentially might link you to websites that can be infected or involved in spreading malicious programs. These programs help cyber criminals to spy on you and use your computer for an illegal activities on the web. Anti-spyware scanner, that you get along with the removal tool for free, helps to remove spyware and makes your system more secure and private. After you remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info you need to run full antispyware scan, then update your antivirus program and check for viruses. Use the antispyware that comes with Websearch.helpmefindyour.info Removal Tool for free, and have your computer protected against spyware for a full year.
You also need to look for possible malicious redirects placed into your Hosts file and remove them. If you notice some problems with search redirects, check your web browser proxy and default settings and reset them to defaults. Do not forget to clean all the cookies from your web browsers.