Websearch.search-plaza.info adware is a redirect installed by browser hijackers in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Such hijacker are part of a download client that comes with free programs distributed over the web or part of an adware program installed on your computer. You may agree to install Websearch.search-plaza.info by yourself if you believe that it offers some value. More often, Websearch.search-plaza.info is deceptively installed without your knowledge and true consent. Websearch.search-plaza.info is not malicious, and anti-virus software usually do not warn you on this potential threat while assuming that computer users read all the information placed in a download client. In fact, many users just keep clicking on buttons without taking a close look at screen contents. Later they often think that Websearch.search-plaza.info is virus and want to remove it. The first is not true, and the last is a good idea because web pages that look like search engines and used for link promotion present potential threat to your security and privacy.
Websearch.search-plaza.info installation is often deceptive because this adware is promoted as one that will improve your search experience. It is likely that you will not even notice Websearch.search-plaza.info presence because the announcement about this optional program is not separated from other information and looks like a part of a free program that you had download. Websearch.search-plaza.info is set for automatic installation, and if you do not disable it, then Websearch.search-plaza.info replaces your default search engine or/and homepage with a different web address used for making money on a deceptive link promotion and advertising.
Websearch.search-plaza.info has a component installed as a Windows application and components installed as Websearch.search-plaza.info BHO (browser helper objects), extension, or add-on in your Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox. However, Websearch.search-plaza.info redirect might be set without installing any components on your computer or set by other affiliated adware programs. If you want to get rid of the redirect to Websearch.search-plaza.info and remove ads that it runs in your web browser, then you need to uninstall Websearch.search-plaza.info application and remove extensions related to Websearch.search-plaza.info from your web browsers if they are present. Then you need to change browser settings and restore your preferred ones.
This guide will help you to remove Websearch.search-plaza.info manually or with a help of Websearch.search-plaza.info Removal Tool. It comes with free online support and free anti-spyware program that helps to remove viruses that infect your computer in the next year.
What is Websearch.search-plaza.info?
Websearch.search-plaza.info is a search redirect software installed on user’r computer along with free programs. It is designed for injecting promoted links into organic search results and collecting information about user’s browsing history. The search is usually redirected to websearch.search-plaza.info, but it might point to other web address as well. This program makes some changes and installs some components that have to be removed for getting rid of this redirect. It is better to be careful while installing free programs today since the practice of monetizing free program development with bundled adware is common today. Removing Websearch.search-plaza.info and redirect to websearch.search-plaza.info requires time consuming procedures that are sometimes confusing to computer users since all web browsers are different and procedures needed for removing adware vary depend on browser.
Protection against deceptively installed hijacker:
Programs like Websearch.search-plaza.info, are initially set for automatic installation when they come with free programs. The information about additional programs is present but often intensively hidden from users view. You need always read labels placed near marked check boxes and use “custom” installation option instead of “typical” since additional programs might hide there. Finally, just be attentive while installing some downloaded content since many people fail to notice unwanted programs before it is too late and Websearch.search-plaza.info or other such program should be somehow removed.
For removing Websearch.search-plaza.info you need to uninstall programs that empower and protect search redirect. Then, you need to remove Websearch.search-plaza.info add-ons installed in your web browsers and the last thing is removing redirect from your browser settings. Changes are quite numerous, and it takes some time to remove Websearch.search-plaza.info from your computer without traces and any chance for it to return back.
Websearch.search-plaza.info Adware Removal ToolWebsearch.search-plaza.info Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Websearch.search-plaza.info and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Websearch.search-plaza.info malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Websearch.search-plaza.info components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Websearch.search-plaza.info and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Websearch.search-plaza.info from Windows
For manual removal you need to uninstall all Websearch.search-plaza.info components. It consists of programs and web browser add-ons that you need to remove. Then you need to fix settings of your web browsers. I also forget to mention add-on that protects Websearch.search-plaza.info against removal and your web browsers against resetting. It is called Browser Protect or Browser Defender, and you need to remove it first. Then remove other Websearch.search-plaza.info components.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-spyware program to make sure hidden malicious programs and spyware are also removed.
Uninstall Websearch.search-plaza.info on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "any suspicious" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Websearch.search-plaza.info on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight any suspicious program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Websearch.search-plaza.info on Windows XP
Uninstalling Websearch.search-plaza.info from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on any suspicious program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Websearch.search-plaza.info from Chrome
Remove Websearch.search-plaza.info extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find any suspicious extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove websearch.search-plaza.info serarch engine address redirect from Google Chrome
- Select Settings in the drop-down menu list as shown above.
- Find "Search" and click on Manage search engines button.
- Select websearch.search-plaza.info search engine and click on "Remove" icon.
- Select your preferred search engine and click Make default option.
Remove websearch.search-plaza.info homepage redirect on Google Chrome
- Find "On Startup" section and click on Set pages link.
- Select websearch.search-plaza.info or other unwanted address and click Remove icon.
- Select or add your preferred homepage address and click on OK button or leave google.com as your default.
Remove Websearch.search-plaza.info from Firefox
Remove Websearch.search-plaza.info add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find any suspicious add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove websearch.search-plaza.info serarch redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and enter "about:config" in address bar and press Enter.
- In a warning box press "I'll be careful, I promise" button.
- Find and double-click on "browser.search.defaultenginename" item in the list.
- Type preferred search engine name in the box and click OKbutton.
- Type preferred URL or "about:newtab" for a blank one and click OK button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
li>Find and double-click on browser.newtab.url item in the list.
Remove Websearch.search-plaza.info from Internet Explorer
Remove Websearch.search-plaza.info extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on any suspicious, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Replace websearch.search-plaza.info with a preferred search engine for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Manage add-ons option as shown above.
- Click on Search Providers tab located on left side.
- Find and click on unwanted search provider name in the list of providers. Then click on Remove button.
- Find your preferred search provider and click on Set as default button.
Replace websearch.search-plaza.info homepage with a preffered one for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Internet Options menu item.
- Open General tab, find Home page section, and replace websearch.search-plaza.info with a preferred homepage address. Then click on Apply button.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using Websearch.search-plaza.info Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and scan your system with bundled free anti-spyware program to get rid of other computer infections.
Remove Websearch.search-plaza.info Search Redirect Completely
Websearch.search-plaza.info with search redirect potentially might link you to websites that can be infected or involved in spreading malicious programs. These programs help cyber criminals to spy on you and use your computer for an illegal activities on the web. Anti-spyware scanner, that you get along with the removal tool for free, helps to remove spyware and makes your system more secure and private. After you remove Websearch.search-plaza.info you need to run full antispyware scan, then update your antivirus program and check for viruses. Use the antispyware that comes with Websearch.search-plaza.info Removal Tool for free, and have your computer protected against spyware for a full year.
You also need to look for possible malicious redirects placed into your Hosts file and remove them. If you notice some problems with search redirects, check your web browser proxy and default settings and reset them to defaults. Do not forget to clean all the cookies from your web browsers.
Find more about prevention computer infections and protection against malicious programs.