Websearch.searchmania.info redirect is caused by web browser hijacker installed by some of adware programs into Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This web browser helper object component provides some useful shortcut links at the price of redirecting user’s search to Websearch.searchmania.info. Since this add-on is often deceptively installed along with other free programs, many users think of Websearch.searchmania.info as of redirect virus. It is not as dangerous as viruses, but can lead to other infections. In addition, few users would like web search being redirected especially to the Websearch.searchmania.info search pages that inject irrelevant promoted links into organic search results thus making web search process less effective and time consuming. Moreover, the price of promotion is affordable to cyber criminals that want use it for spreading malware. Websearch.searchmania.info is preset for an automatic installation when it comes with a free program downloads, and menu users do not pay attention to the installation process while removing Websearch.searchmania.info is more difficult than removing other programs. It requires some experience and knowledge.
You can manually remove Websearch.searchmania.info or use SpyHunter for automated removal and protection against future infections. This security tool is reliable in malware detection and free scanner offers a lot of useful information for malware removal.
What is Websearch.searchmania.info?
Websearch.searchmania.info redirect can be installed and maintained by one of adware engines installed as a program and web browser extension. It is hard to say which one program might be responsible for this redirect since there are many adware programs that use the same engines, and all of them have different names. Deceptive installation methods let easily infect user’s computers while removing Websearch.searchmania.info and like programs is quite complicated due to design mentioned above. It is better to avoid installing adware programs by inspecting download clients and installation wizards for free programs that should comply legal requirements and place a warning about additionally installed programs somewhere. Being careful equals to being protected, but it is always a good idea to delegate protection to a security program like Spy Hunter that keeps a database of adware programs and can easily detect and block them from being installed.
Protection against deceptively installed hijacker:
Browser hijackers redirect viruses, and commercial programs like Websearch.searchmania.info, are initially set for automatic installation when they come with free programs. The information about bundled adware is either hidden behind “typical” installation option or placed in a way that make it looking as some unimportant option like links on desktop. That is why many people just fail to notice these intruders. You need to be careful while installing free programs and other media since removing bundled adware like Websearch.searchmania.info is time consuming and requires different procedures that you might be unfamiliar with.
Websearch.searchmania.info Adware Removal ToolWebsearch.searchmania.info Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Websearch.searchmania.info and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Websearch.searchmania.info malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Websearch.searchmania.info components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Websearch.searchmania.info and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Websearch.searchmania.info from Windows
For manual removal you need to uninstall components related to Websearch.searchmania.info and protecting it against removal. Here we give you some file names, but Websearch.searchmania.info might be installed by different programs and so you might need more work. You also can download Spy Hunter for a free scan and find out what programs are found malicious. Then you need to remove these programs from the list of installed programs and from your web browsers. And finally, you need to fix browser settings for removing redirect to Websearch.searchmania.info that are no more protected after you remove files.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-spyware program to make sure hidden malicious programs and spyware are also removed.
Uninstall Websearch.searchmania.info on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "any suspicious" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Websearch.searchmania.info on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight any suspicious program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Websearch.searchmania.info on Windows XP
Uninstalling Websearch.searchmania.info from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on any suspicious program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Websearch.searchmania.info from Chrome
Remove Websearch.searchmania.info extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find any suspicious extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove Websearch.searchmania.info serarch engine address redirect from Google Chrome
- Select Settings in the drop-down menu list as shown above.
- Find "Search" and click on Manage search engines button.
- Select Websearch.searchmania.info search engine and click on "Remove" icon.
- Select your preferred search engine and click Make default option.
Remove Websearch.searchmania.info homepage redirect on Google Chrome
- Find "On Startup" section and click on Set pages link.
- Select Websearch.searchmania.info or other unwanted address and click Remove icon.
- Select or add your preferred homepage address and click on OK button or leave google.com as your default.
Remove Websearch.searchmania.info from Firefox
Remove Websearch.searchmania.info add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find any suspicious add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove Websearch.searchmania.info serarch redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and enter "about:config" in address bar and press Enter.
- In a warning box press "I'll be careful, I promise" button.
- Find and double-click on "browser.search.defaultenginename" item in the list.
- Type preferred search engine name in the box and click OKbutton.
- Type preferred URL or "about:newtab" for a blank one and click OK button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
li>Find and double-click on browser.newtab.url item in the list.
Remove Websearch.searchmania.info from Internet Explorer
Remove Websearch.searchmania.info extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on any suspicious, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Replace Websearch.searchmania.info with a preferred search engine for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Manage add-ons option as shown above.
- Click on Search Providers tab located on left side.
- Find and click on unwanted search provider name in the list of providers. Then click on Remove button.
- Find your preferred search provider and click on Set as default button.
Replace Websearch.searchmania.info homepage with a preffered one for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Internet Options menu item.
- Open General tab, find Home page section, and replace Websearch.searchmania.info with a preferred homepage address. Then click on Apply button.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using Websearch.searchmania.info Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and scan your system with bundled free anti-spyware program to get rid of other computer infections.
Remove Websearch.searchmania.info Search Redirect Completely
Websearch.searchmania.info is tricky and it might use your Hosts file for setting the redirect that impossible to remove by editing settings in your web browsers. The redirect will bother you until you remove it from your Hosts file. Read this article to find out how to remove redirects from you Hosts file and remove any one that redirects well-known search providers to some IP address. Special settings in Hosts are not needed. They are only used for redirection one address to another or blocking.