TheSearchPage.info replaces default search engine or homepage in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer after you install freeware bundled with this browser hijacker. It might be backed up by some adware program or set directly in your web browsers by a download client used for installing various programs.
If you want to remove TheSearchPage.info and restore your preferred search, then you need to uninstall TheSearchPage.info. program if you can find it in the list of installed programs. You also need to remove suspicious web browser extension or similar extension related to TheSearchPage.info. After you remove this components, you need to fix your web browser and replace websearch.thesearchpage.info with your preferred search engine. If TheSearchPage.info browser hijacker is the only problem, and there is no other malicious programs, then our guide for manual TheSearchPage.info removal will help you. Otherwise, it is better to use special security software for automated process that will remove TheSearchPage.info and other malicious programs from your computer.
You can manually remove Thesearchpage.info or use SpyHunter for automated removal and protection against future infections. This security tool is reliable in malware detection and free scanner offers a lot of useful information for malware removal.
What is Thesearchpage.info?
Thesearchpage.info is a search redirect software installed on user’r computer along with free programs. It is designed for injecting promoted links into organic search results and collecting information about user’s browsing history. The search is usually redirected to websearch.thesearchpage.info, but it might point to other web address as well. This program makes some changes and installs some components that have to be removed for getting rid of this redirect. It is better to be careful while installing free programs today since the practice of monetizing free program development with bundled adware is common today. Removing Thesearchpage.info and redirect to websearch.thesearchpage.info requires time consuming procedures that are sometimes confusing to computer users since all web browsers are different and procedures needed for removing adware vary depend on browser.
Protection against deceptively installed hijacker:
Programs like Thesearchpage.info, are initially set for automatic installation when they come with free programs. The information about additional programs is present but often intensively hidden from users view. You need always read labels placed near marked check boxes and use “custom” installation option instead of “typical” since additional programs might hide there. Finally, just be attentive while installing some downloaded content since many people fail to notice unwanted programs before it is too late and Thesearchpage.info or other such program should be somehow removed.
Thesearchpage.info Adware Removal ToolThesearchpage.info Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Thesearchpage.info and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Thesearchpage.info malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Thesearchpage.info components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Thesearchpage.info and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Thesearchpage.info from Windows
For manual removal you need to uninstall Thesearchpage.info related adware programs using “Add/Remove programs” system utility. Then you need to remove all suspicious web browser extensions and reset your web browsers home page and new tab to different address other than websearch.thesearchpage.info.
Use the following guide for removing Thesearchpage.info from your computer. Then scan it with antivirus and anti-spyware programs for removing other threats that infected your computer.
Uninstall Thesearchpage.info on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "any suspicious" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Thesearchpage.info on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight any suspicious program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Thesearchpage.info on Windows XP
Uninstalling Thesearchpage.info from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on any suspicious program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Thesearchpage.info from Chrome
Remove Thesearchpage.info extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find any suspicious extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove Websearch.thesearchpage.info serarch engine address redirect from Google Chrome
- Select Settings in the drop-down menu list as shown above.
- Find "Search" and click on Manage search engines button.
- Select Websearch.thesearchpage.info search engine and click on "Remove" icon.
- Select your preferred search engine and click Make default option.
Remove Websearch.thesearchpage.info homepage redirect on Google Chrome
- Find "On Startup" section and click on Set pages link.
- Select Websearch.thesearchpage.info or other unwanted address and click Remove icon.
- Select or add your preferred homepage address and click on OK button or leave google.com as your default.
Remove Thesearchpage.info from Firefox
Remove Thesearchpage.info add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find any suspicious add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove Websearch.thesearchpage.info serarch redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and enter "about:config" in address bar and press Enter.
- In a warning box press "I'll be careful, I promise" button.
- Find and double-click on "browser.search.defaultenginename" item in the list.
- Type preferred search engine name in the box and click OKbutton.
- Type preferred URL or "about:newtab" for a blank one and click OK button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
li>Find and double-click on browser.newtab.url item in the list.
Remove Thesearchpage.info from Internet Explorer
Remove Thesearchpage.info extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on any suspicious, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Replace Websearch.thesearchpage.info with a preferred search engine for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Manage add-ons option as shown above.
- Click on Search Providers tab located on left side.
- Find and click on unwanted search provider name in the list of providers. Then click on Remove button.
- Find your preferred search provider and click on Set as default button.
Replace Websearch.thesearchpage.info homepage with a preffered one for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Internet Options menu item.
- Open General tab, find Home page section, and replace Websearch.thesearchpage.info with a preferred homepage address. Then click on Apply button.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using Thesearchpage.info Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and scan your system with bundled free anti-spyware program to get rid of other computer infections.
Remove Thesearchpage.info Search Redirect Completely
Removing adware and spyware installed along with Thesearchpage.info might be tricky since this programs are profitable and thus protected. You already learned what programs you need to remove, but it is difficult to find out how many more like programs are still left hiding somewhere on your computer. Use SpyHunter or anti-spyware that comes with removal tool for scanning your system since some threats are legitimate products like Thesearchpage.info, and conventional anti-virus programs do not remove legitimate stuff.