WebToSave is an adware program and web browser extension designed to hijack your web browser for displaying ads and deals. Promoted saving coupons displayed by WebToSave barely would hurt your compute. However, your web traffic is wasted and system performance suffer from activities related to displaying advertising and spying on your web browsing history. Your privacy might also suffer.
WebToSave is often deceptively installed along with free programs that people download. Such practice is called bundling, and if you fail to disable option for WebToSave installation, then it is installed as a Windows application and web browser extensions and BHO for Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. If you want to remove WebToSave, then you need to get rid of all WebToSave components. Read the guide below for details on WebToSave removal.
This removal guide will help you to remove WebToSave manually or using a software. If you want to remove WebToSave and protect your computer against future infections and deceptively installed programs, then use SpyHunter that comes with real-time protection and a lot of other features related to malware removal.
What is WebToSave?
WebToSave is a program and web browser extension that are designed for tracking your web browsing and displaying ads and deals in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer when you visits various websites. WebToSave adware consists of a similarly named Windows application and plugins present as web browser extensions, add-ons, and BHO. These WebToSave components are designed for tracking your web browsing and displaying advertising in various ways. If you click on WebToSave ads, then the owner gets profit for your click from promoters. That is why WebToSave is often deceptively installed. It wastes your time, web traffic, and compromises your privacy since gathered information about your habits are often shared among promoters. WebToSave is often distributed with free program downloads. It is deceptively installed unless you disable this optional program before installing the program that you download. Removing WebToSave is quite straight, but other adware that might come with it is often difficult to remove without special tools.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing adware products like WebToSave, then you need to remember that adware programs are delivered with other free programs, set for automatic installation, and installed unless you disable such optional items. Pay attention to marked check boxes placed in setup wizard screens and disable additional software unless you know it. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs. Read EULA that might inform you about adware programs and terms of their use.
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand.
WebToSave Adware Removal ToolWebToSave Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove WebToSave and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to WebToSave malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete WebToSave components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against WebToSave and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove WebToSave from Windows
First, you need to uninstall WebToSave application using “Add/Remove programs” utility. Then you need to remove web browser extensions that belong to WebToSave adware installed in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
Use the following guide for manual removal, or scan your computer with anti-malware for removing other malicious programs from your infected computer.
Uninstall WebToSave on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "WebToSave" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall WebToSave on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight WebToSave program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall WebToSave on Windows XP
Uninstalling WebToSave from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on WebToSave program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove WebToSave from Chrome
Remove WebToSave extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find WebToSave extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove WebToSave from Firefox
Remove WebToSave add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find WebToSave add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove WebToSave from Internet Explorer
Remove WebToSave extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on WebToSave, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Now WebToSave ads should be gone, but other adware and malware infections can still compromise your security. You can detect such threats with a free scanner offered with SpyHunter. Then you can use comprehensive scan results for manual WebToSave removal or opt for an automated removal process, protection, and professional support.
Remove WebToSave Adware Infection Completely
WebToSave adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs. As a result, your system might be also infected with malicious programs used by cyber criminals for stealing money and illegal activities. After you remove WebToSave adware you have to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus. Then it is a good idea to scan your system with anti-malware program like SpyHunter 4. This software comes with a free professional support and a free scanners that you can use for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated removal process that is more safe and reliable.