Winner Media Player is an ad-supported program responsible for ads displayed in Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. It is not a virus, but computer users often think that because Winner Media Player can suddenly appear in your web browser. The way of installing Winner Media Player is often deceptive because computer users do not expect bundled programs when they download needed ones. Winner Media Player adware is often distributed with popular programs, and it is preset for automatic installation. Winner Media Player consists of various program components such as one installed as Windows application and multiple BHO (browser helper objects), web browser extensions or add-ons that work together for running adware activities. Therefore, if you want to remove Winner Media Player, then you need to uninstall Winner Media Player application and remove extensions related to Winner Media Player from your web browsers. It is not very difficult, and you can easily do this by following Winner Media Player removal guide placed below.
This removal guide helps to remove Winner Media Player manually or use special security software that removes Winner Media Player and other malicious programs. SpyHunter is definitely one of the best. It offers reliable malware detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against future infections.
What is Winner Media Player?
Winner Media Player is an adware developed for making money out of users’ clicks. While it is not malicious, it traces your web browsing history and might cause some problems related to your privacy and security of your computer system. Adware wastes your web traffic for running its activities. Winner Media Player is often deceptively installed with free programs if you miss signs of adware present in download client or a setup wizard for a program that you download. Winner Media Player is installed as a Windows program that manages adware and web browser extensions installed into Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This makes removing Winner Media Player more slightly more complicated than removing other windows programs, but if it is bundled with other adware programs, then you can have a hard time. It is better to be careful while installing free programs since inspecting setup wizards for bundled programs takes less of your time than Winner Media Player removal.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
Winner Media Player Adware Removal ToolWinner Media Player Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Winner Media Player and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Winner Media Player malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Winner Media Player components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Winner Media Player and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Winner Media Player from Windows
You need to uninstall Winner Media Player application using “Add/Remove programs” utility. Then, you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to Winner Media Player adware.
Use the following guide for manual removal, or scan your computer with anti-malware for removing other malicious programs from your infected computer.
Uninstall Winner Media Player on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "Winner Media Player" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Winner Media Player on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight Winner Media Player program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Winner Media Player on Windows XP
Uninstalling Winner Media Player from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on Winner Media Player program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Winner Media Player from Chrome
Remove Winner Media Player extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find Winner Media Player extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove Winner Media Player from Firefox
Remove Winner Media Player add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find Winner Media Player add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove Winner Media Player from Internet Explorer
Remove Winner Media Player extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on Winner Media Player, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: I hope you done by now, and Winner Media Player are gone. However, other malware and adware programs might be present on your computer. If you still see ads displayed by other malicious program, then try to use Winner Media Player Removal Tool that can remove all malicious programs and protect your computer against future infections.
Remove Winner Media Player Adware Infection Completely
Winner Media Player adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs. As a result, your system might be also infected with malicious programs used by cyber criminals for stealing money and illegal activities. After you remove Winner Media Player adware you have to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus. Then it is a good idea to scan your system with anti-malware program like SpyHunter 4. This software offers a free scanner that helps with manual removal, and you can opt for automated removal, professional support, and anti-malware protection.