WinSpeeder is an ad-supported system optimizer that sais it can speed up your PC. As adware program it hijacks web browsers Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome and displays ads and deals. This adware consist of many components like WinSpeeder program and similarly named web browser extensions. Computer users often get frustrated with removing adware, but in fact, it is not that difficult to remove WinSpeeder components by following this guide or by using removal tools. WinSpeeder is often automatically installed in a deceptive for user’s way along with other free programs. Unless you notice presence of this adware in setup wizard for a free program that you download, then it is automatically installed along with a free program and you get ads in your web browsers. If you try to remove WinSpeeder, you need to perform different procedures for removing all the adware component from your computer, or use some removal tool for making this job for you.
If you want to remove WinSpeeder and other malicious programs as well as protect your computer against future infections and deceptively installed programs, then use SpyHunter. It comes with real-time protection and have truly reliable malware detection rate. This program also provide very useful free scan results that might help you with WinSpeeder manual removal.
What is WinSpeeder?
WinSpeeder is a program that claims ability to increase performance of your computer system. However, it is ad-supported and packed with adware that stuff your web browsers with annoying ads. While WinSpeeder is not malicious, it traces your web browsing history and might cause some problems related to your privacy and security of your computer system. Adware wastes your web traffic for running its activities. WinSpeeder is often deceptively installed with free programs if you miss signs of adware present in download client or a setup wizard for a program that you download. WinSpeeder is installed as a Windows program that manages adware and web browser extensions installed into Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This makes removing WinSpeeder more slightly more complicated than removing other windows programs, but if it is bundled with other adware programs, then you can have a hard time. It is better to be careful while installing free programs since inspecting setup wizards for bundled programs takes less of your time than WinSpeeder removal.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom”, or “advanced”, installation option instead of “typical”, or “normal” or “quick” because these options often hide adware programs from your view.
WinSpeeder Adware Removal ToolWinSpeeder Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove WinSpeeder and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to WinSpeeder malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete WinSpeeder components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against WinSpeeder and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove WinSpeeder from Windows
First, you need to uninstall WinSpeeder application using “Add/Remove programs” utility. Then you need to remove web browser extensions that belong to WinSpeeder adware installed in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
Use the following guide for manual removal, or scan your computer with anti-malware for removing other malicious programs from your infected computer.
Uninstall WinSpeeder on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "WinSpeeder" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall WinSpeeder on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight WinSpeeder program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall WinSpeeder on Windows XP
Uninstalling WinSpeeder from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on WinSpeeder program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove WinSpeeder from Chrome
Remove WinSpeeder extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find WinSpeeder extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove WinSpeeder from Firefox
Remove WinSpeeder add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find WinSpeeder add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove WinSpeeder from Internet Explorer
Remove WinSpeeder extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on WinSpeeder, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: This manual removal procedure is easy to follow, and WinSpeeder should be gone by now if you follow the guide. Other adware, spyware, malware, and viruses might infect your computer. You need either to detect and manually remove them, or use security programs for automated malware detection and removal.
Remove WinSpeeder Adware Infection Completely
WinSpeeder adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs and it might be also used by cyber criminals for spying on you and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal internet scams. After you remove WinSpeeder you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and rescan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter. This anti-malware software comes with a free scanner, and you can use scan results as a reference for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated one.