YTDownloader is an ad-supported program and web browser extensions designed to hijack your web browser for displaying ads and deals. Promoted ads displayed by YTDownloader barely would hurt your compute. However, your web traffic is wasted and system performance suffer from activities related to displaying advertising and spying on your web browsing history. Your privacy might suffer and some ads might potentially lead to malicious websites and computer infection.
YTDownloader is often deceptively installed along with free programs that people download. Such practice is called bundling, and if you fail to disable option for YTDownloader installation, then it is installed as a Windows application and web browser extensions and BHO for Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. If you want to remove YTDownloader, then you need to get rid of all YTDownloader components. Read the guide below for details on YTDownloader removal.
If you want to remove YTDownloader ads automatically, find and remove other malicious programs, and protect your computer against malware, then use SpyHunter. This anti-malware software offers a real-time protection and helps to keep your web browser safe. Reliable malware detection and clean removal process makes SpyHunter one of the best security tools that offers premium level of anti-malware protection to your computer. It protects your security and privacy and block PUP (potentially unwanted programs) similar to YTDownloader.
What is YTDownloader?
YTDownloader is a program and web browser extension that are designed for tracking your web browsing and displaying ads and deals in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer when you visits various websites. YTDownloader adware consists of a similarly named Windows application and plugins present as web browser extensions, add-ons, and BHO. These YTDownloader components are designed for tracking your web browsing and displaying advertising in various ways. If you click on YTDownloader ads, then the owner gets profit for your click from promoters. That is why YTDownloader is often deceptively installed. It wastes your time, web traffic, and compromises your privacy since gathered information about your habits are often shared among promoters. YTDownloader is often distributed with free program downloads. It is deceptively installed unless you disable this optional program before installing the program that you download. Removing YTDownloader is quite straight, but other adware that might come with it is often difficult to remove without special tools.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom”, or “advanced”, installation option instead of “typical”, or “normal” or “quick” because these options often hide adware programs from your view.
YTDownloader Adware Removal ToolYTDownloader Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove YTDownloader and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to YTDownloader malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete YTDownloader components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against YTDownloader and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove YTDownloader from Windows
For manual removal you need to uninstall all YTDownloader components. Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-spyware program to make sure that other hidden malicious programs are also removed.
Uninstall YTDownloader on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "YTDownloader" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall YTDownloader on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight YTDownloader program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall YTDownloader on Windows XP
Uninstalling YTDownloader from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on YTDownloader program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove YTDownloader from Chrome
Remove YTDownloader extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find YTDownloader and suspicious extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove YTDownloader from Firefox
Remove YTDownloader add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find YTDownloader and suspicious add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove YTDownloader from Internet Explorer
Remove YTDownloader extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on YTDownloader and suspicious, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: I hope you done by now, and YTDownloader are gone. However, other malware and adware programs might be present on your computer. If you still see ads displayed by other malicious program, then try to use YTDownloader Removal Tool that can remove all malicious programs and protect your computer against future infections.
Remove YTDownloader Adware Infection Completely
YTDownloader adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs. As a result, your system might be also infected with malicious programs used by cyber criminals for stealing money and illegal activities. After you remove YTDownloader adware you have to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus. Then it is a good idea to scan your system with anti-malware program like SpyHunter 4. This software comes with a free professional support and a free scanners that you can use for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated removal process that is more safe and reliable.