Zoom is an adware that offers to increase any image on webpages. It is however ad-supported program often installed without user’s consent along with free programs from websites that employ bundling practices for monetizing. Zoom is not malicious, however adware is not safe either because tracking of your web browsing history might cause some privacy problems if your profile is shared among promoters. Besides that, Zoom can waste your web traffic for activities that you don’t really need.
If you want to get rid of Zoom ads displayed in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, then you need to remove Zoom extensions, add-ons, and browser helper objects installed in these web browsers. You also need to remove similarly named Windows application just as you would remove any other Windows program. You can remove Zoom components manually by following this guide. However, other adware that might be present in a bundle or installed somehow else can bring you a hard time since you need to see what to kill first. SpyHunter offers a free scanner that shows you all you need, and it can automatically remove Zoom and other malware form your infected computer.
This removal guide will help you to remove Zoom manually or with a help of special software that removes Zoom and other malicious programs. SpyHunter offers quality detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against malicious programs.
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a typical adware program designed for displaying ads in web browsers that help distributors to make money out of your clicks. You get wasted web traffic and compromised privacy in exchange. Advertising is not malicious, but Zoom is often deceptively installed with free programs and considered to be a PUP (potentially unwanted program). If you want to protect yourself against PUP, then you either need to be very attentive to contents of download clients and setup wizards that come with free stuff that you download. Another way is using real-time protection offered by Spy Hunter against insecure PUPs like Zoom and other malicious programs.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing adware like Zoom, then remember that this kind of programs is set for automatic installation and the information about adware bundled to your download is definitely not the first thing they want you to see. Pay attention to marked check boxes in setup wizards for free programs and set on “custom” installation option instead of “typical” because the last might hide bundled adware. Be careful while installing free programs, and it will save your time. Use SpyHunter as a Zoom removal tool instead. This anti-malware product is very reliable and offers a premium real-time anti-malware protection against dangerous or malicious software that otherwise might infect your computer.
Zoom Adware Removal ToolZoom Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Zoom and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Zoom malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Zoom components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Zoom and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Zoom from Windows
You need to uninstall all the Zoom components manually. First you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to Zoom.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-malware and anti-virus software to make sure that other threats are found and removed.
Uninstall Zoom on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "Zoom, ZoomAddon" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Zoom on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight Zoom, ZoomAddon program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Zoom on Windows XP
Uninstalling Zoom from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on Zoom, ZoomAddon program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Zoom from Chrome
Remove Zoom extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find Zoom, ZoomAddon extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove Zoom from Firefox
Remove Zoom add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find Zoom, ZoomAddon add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove Zoom from Internet Explorer
Remove Zoom extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on Zoom, ZoomAddon, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using Zoom Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and scan your system with bundled free anti-spyware program to get rid of other computer infections.
Remove Zoom Adware Infection Completely
It is possible that your computer is infected with other adware programs. You can check suspicious program names with the list of adware removal tools names and see if it match. If they match, than the program belongs to adware and our removal tools can handle it for sure. Actually, they can remove hundreds thousands of viruses, but there is always a gray area where any anti-virus fails. This checking procedure is very helpful while real scanning for viruses is definitely better.