ZoomIt is a program and browser add-on that magnifies images on web pages. However, this program is ad-supported and often installed without user’s consent along with free programs from websites that employ bundling practices for monetizing. ZoomIt is not malicious, however adware is not safe either because tracking of your web browsing history might cause some privacy problems if your profile is shared among promoters. Besides that, ZoomIt can waste your web traffic for activities that you don’t really need. If you want to get rid of ZoomIt ads and deals displayed in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, then you need to remove ZoomIt extensions, add-ons, and browser helper objects installed in these web browsers. You also need to remove similarly named Windows application just as you would remove any other Windows program.
You can remove ZoomIt components manually by following this guide. However, other adware that might be present in a bundle or installed somehow else can bring you a hard time since you need to see what to kill first. SpyHunter offers a free scanner that shows you all you need, and it can automatically remove ZoomIt and other malware form your infected computer.
This removal guide will help you to remove ZoomIt manually or with a help of special security software that removes ZoomIt and other malicious programs. SpyHunter offers quality detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against malicious programs.
What is ZoomIt?
ZoomIt is an adware program combined with an application that let you to magnify any image on web pages. Adware is primarily developed for making money out of users’ clicks. While it is not malicious, it traces your web browsing history and might cause some problems related to your privacy and security of your computer system. Adware wastes your web traffic for running its activities. ZoomIt is often deceptively installed with free programs if you miss signs of adware present in download client or a setup wizard for a program that you download. ZoomIt is installed as a Windows program that manages adware and web browser extensions installed into Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This makes removing ZoomIt more slightly more complicated than removing other windows programs, but if it is bundled with other adware programs, then you can have a hard time. It is better to be careful while installing free programs since inspecting setup wizards for bundled programs takes less of your time than ZoomIt removal.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing adware like ZoomIt, then remember that this kind of programs is set for automatic installation and the information about adware bundled to your download is definitely not the first thing they want you to see. Pay attention to marked check boxes in setup wizards for free programs and set on “custom” installation option instead of “typical” because the last might hide bundled adware. Be careful while installing free programs. Use SpyHunter for a real-time anti-malware protection, reliable malware detection, and clean and safe removal of various threats from your computer.
ZoomIt Adware Removal ToolZoomIt Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove ZoomIt and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to ZoomIt malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete ZoomIt components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against ZoomIt and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove ZoomIt from Windows
You need to uninstall all the ZoomIt components manually. First, you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to ZoomIt.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-spyware program to make sure that other hidden malicious programs are also removed.
Uninstall ZoomIt on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "ZoomIt" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall ZoomIt on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight ZoomIt program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall ZoomIt on Windows XP
Uninstalling ZoomIt from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on ZoomIt program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove ZoomIt from Chrome
Remove ZoomIt extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find ZoomIt extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove ZoomIt from Firefox
Remove ZoomIt add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find ZoomIt add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove ZoomIt from Internet Explorer
Remove ZoomIt extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on ZoomIt, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual removal procedures for ZoomIt are easy. Though, if your value your time and suspect other computer infections, then it is better to use SpyHunter instead of the manual removal. This security software scans your computer system and helps to remove all malicious program that are found.
Remove ZoomIt Adware Infection Completely
ZoomIt adware might come bundled with other adware programs. Some of ads might also be used by cyber criminals for installing malware and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal activities. After you remove ZoomIt you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and rescan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter. This anti-malware software comes with a free scanner, and you can use scan results as a reference for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated one.